Thursday, May 27, 2010

Playlist

I would like to thank Miley Cryus for growing up and singing edgier music.

There. My secret is out....I am a closet Miley Cyrus fan! When "Party in the USA" comes on the radio, I turn it up, sign at the top of lungs, and am grateful that my kids are still young enough to not be embarrassed by me. But her newest song "Can't Be Tamed" is a little more edgy, as compared to the bubblegum, pop princess that Disney had created when "Hannah Montana" first began. The song is fast and upbeat, and since it is the first song on my playlist, I hit the treadmill hard and fast today. In fact my first quarter mile was recorded with a pace of 10:02, and my first mile was 10:06! Holy cow! My end time was 22:12 for a two mile run, meaning my second mile was a little slower, but still a respectable time for a new runner. Here's hoping for a time under 35:00 for my first 5k in 5 weeks!

But back to the pumped up play list. This past week I had to reorganize my cardio playlist. Looking it over, I noticed some of the songs I purchased when I lived in Texas in 2005. I needed something new and fresh, so I dug out some CDs, and uploaded my iTunes giftcard, buying songs left and right. Here is a sample of what I am currently rocking out...

-- "Hung Up" and "4 Minutes" by Madonna
-- "Poker Face", "Love Game" and "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga
-- "Holding out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler
-- "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads
-- "Funhouse" by Pink
-- "My Own Worst Enemy" by Lit
-- "I Hate Myself for Loving You" by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
-- "Nine in the Afternoon" by Panic! At the Disco

There's more--Black Eyed Peas, more Pink, Train, U2, Kelly Clarkson. But I am super excited about this revamp, and can't wait to (hopefully) see my times drop like a stone in a lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment