Thursday, May 20, 2010

At home gym

One of my favorite pastimes is to watch HGTV and their home buying shows, such as "Property Virgins", "My First Place" or "House Hunters". As a military couple, Joel and I have decided that we will either live on post or rent a house until he can retire, and then plunk down a nice chunk of change in buying our first house. Of course, I have already decided what is on the list of must haves in this house: a separate shower and bath tub in the master bath, separate vanity areas, updated kitchen with stainless steel appliances, double oven and granite counter tops. And an exercise room.

Yes, you heard me right. On days when I do head to the gym, I am stuck watching whatever channel the management decided to turn it on to. At Ft Campbell and Ft Benning, Fox News Channel (aka-Faux New Channel or Fox Noise Channel) always seems to be on. Shocker, right? So I want an at home gym where I can DVR my favorite shows and catch up on them while running or working out on the elliptical. Or tune into my favorite news channel, without the sight of Glen Beck or Bill O'Reily spewing hate and fear to the American public. Watching whatever *I* want to.....makes the dreadmill a little more bearable, right?

I also want an at-home gym for days like today, or rather like this entire month, where rain seems to be the norm rather than the exception. Another rainy day, another day where Nathan and I are trapped inside rather than running around the neighborhood looking at all the doggies in the back yards. Another day of no running.....another day of signing "Rain, rain, GO AWAY! And don't come back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment