Saturday, June 19, 2010

Relay for Life

Today I will be participating in the Clarksville-Montgomery County chapter of the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. I am super pumped to help out, not only with the money I raised ($287.50---thanks everyone!), but also to walk the laps as well. As a cancer survivor, I know the trials that cancer patients go through. Our team captain noted how few people signed up for the team, and she thinks it is more important to sell the concessions to raise money as compared to ALWAYS having someone on the track to walk. I disagree to a point. I think the least we could do is have someone walking at all times. Many cancer patients cannot walk because of lack of energy and loss of muscle mass the cancer and drugs have taken on their bodies. Why can't we walk when we are fully healthy??

So, today I walk for myself, my friends whom have been taken by this terrible disease, my grandmother who lost her life to it, my father in law and grandmother in law who both beat it. I walk for all of those who can't walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment