Monday, June 21, 2010

An improvement in being tired

As I've said before, I have a hard time getting a good night's sleep. This past Saturday, Miles woke up at 0510, and the day was made longer by the American Cancer Society and their Relay for Life. I had volunteered with the Fort Campbell Family Housing community, and my shift was from 2100-2300. Ugh! What a long day.

I woke up on Sunday just dragging, but got through Father's Day with my parents and grandparents coming up for a visit. Early in the morning, I went to the gym to get some sort of exercise in, hoping that if my body got moving then maybe I could wake up a little more. I started the treadmill up and began going through the motions, but I just felt SO tired. Nothing was helping. I logged 1/2 miles, jumped off and started a lower body weight workout instead. At least I could sit down to do this.

When I returned home, I told Joel just how crummy I was feeling, and how it was the tired part of body that cut short my workout, instead of the running part of my body. He replied, "Well, at least it was not your endurance and lungs that ended the workout. See, it shows the improvement that you are making. A different part of your body gave out before your lungs and muscles did!"

Yeah! At least it's a different part of my body that makes my workouts end earlier than expected! That's good news, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment