Sunday, June 13, 2010

How's the dust back there???

Oh yeah, I had a great run this morning! Let me tell you all about it!

Lately, I have not been sleeping well at night. I *go to sleep* fine, but wake up at various points throughout the night. And for the past few nights, Miles has been waking up SUPER early---0515 on Friday morning, and 0545 on Saturday morning. Needless to say, I, SuperMom, am the "Parent on Duty" during those early morning hours that only few people should ever have to see. And as one could image, my energy is drained by the end of the day, and therefore no workout was logged for those two long, energy drained days.

This morning, the midgets slept until after 7am! WAHOO!! And since I fell asleep last night at 2030, I felt well rested. Dreadmill, here I come!

I have to say that starting off with Miley Cyrus' "Can't be Tamed" is quite possibly the best decision I have made on my ipod. It's a hard-core beat, and I love running to it. So I set the pace on the treadmill to a quick 6.0. Last week I told Joel that at one point I felt this speed was a little too slow, but I am still too nervous to speed it up just yet.

My run felt great! I looked down at the distance counter and it read "0.25". Ok, I've been running this entire length, let me see if I can me it to 0.30 before I need to slow to a walk. Well, I made it to 0.3, then 0.4, then 0.5. I ran the first 0.75 mile before I slowed down to a quick walk (around a 4.7 speed on the treadmill or approx. a pace of 14:21), and back to 6.0. So far, no hard (or painful) breathing, no stitch in my side...wow, this is what a runner's high feels like! I punched the center button on my ipod so it would register my 1-mile marker...9:00! HOLY COW! That was me?? Running a 9-minute mile??? CRAZY!!!!

When I first set foot into the gym this morning, I had originally set a goal of running 1.5 miles. However, I felt that after such an AWESOME run, I wanted to end things on a high note. So I hit the "STOP" button when I reach 1.25 miles instead. Overall, my pace was 9:50, a new PR, and I felt great about how much I have progressed in only three months. For the first time, I can honestly say that I am excited about going to the gym tomorrow morning. Here's hoping I can calm down from this excitement to get some sleep.

1 comment: