Monday, August 23, 2010

Not a good start

I tried, I really did.  With stepping onto the treadmill for my warm up mile (which I was going to walk), I was super excited about being back the gym! It was my time, no kids, no husband, though I still had my cell phone (being a mom, you are "on call" 24/7, right?).  And right away the troubles began. It first started with a stitch in my side, so I lowered my pace to a 3.8.  And when my warm up lap was over, I ramped up the speed to a "fast turtle" speed of 4.8, which would still allow me to be on track for a pace of 11:42, the time my workout called for.  However, the personnel at the gym must not have realized that it is still August in Kentucky, and the air was almost non-existant today.  I was sweating buckets, and at mile 2 (that included the warm up mile) I was DONE! There was no way I could make 5 miles today. 

So I am swapping Monday and Friday's workouts---today counts as my easy run.  Hopefully the rest of the week will be a little better???

No comments:

Post a Comment