Monday, April 5, 2010

My new favorite store

I would love to give a big SHOUT OUT to my new favorite store---Fleet Feet of Nashville. I think I could go in there and spend oodles and oodles of money. It is my new favorite store! Of course, it helps that it is a drive away from me...if it were any closer, I think I would be broke.

The reason for my first visit started last month when the weather started heating up. It seems like overnight it went from a nice 60-degree something kind of afternoon to a HOT 70-something afternoon that was accompanied by our good friend, Mr. Humidity. When I returned home from a brisk walk/run, I sat down and tried to stop sweating for the first 10 minutes we were in the house. My cotton "Sorbonne, Paris" t-shirt cling to my skin the way Nathan used to cling to my leg when I would leave him. Peeling the shirt off just made me want to get sick. UGH! Gross! YUCK! There has to be something better than this!

Fleet Feet is located in Brentwood, not even 5 minutes from where my parents live. I grew up in Brentwood, though because of college and getting married, things have changed over the past 13 years. But this store is located in the same shopping center where my goes grocery shopping, and across from the church we have been members of for the past 30+ years. So how did I not know about it?? My friend Heidi, who now lives in Louisiana, told me about it when I mentioned I started running. She and her husband knew about it when they previously lived in this area.

Joel had visited the store earlier in the day, and he had a great experience getting his new running shoes. The sales clerk measured his foot while standing, and again when sitting, to see if there was any difference in size (it all has to do with your arches and whether or not they collapse when you sit vs. stand). He liked it, and so I was optomistic about my experience.

When I first walked it, I fell in love with the store and the sport of running! There were so many people in there, but also a lot of workers to help everyone! So much energy, it was AWESOME! I told the person who greeted me what I was looking for, and he showed me to the women's side of the store. I browsed, but could not exactly pick out what I needed. After a few minutes, Christi Beth found me, looking a little lost, which I was. I told her that when running, I needed a pocket to carry *at least* my cell phone and ipod in. But I also wanted something that would allow my skin to breathe, and I would not feel like I would be peeling it off my body when I returned from the run. Yeah, you should have seen her face when I told her it was a plain cotten t-shirt I was running in. Christi Beth picked out two tops that have pockets in the back, and that have a fabric that take sweat away from your body when working out. God bless the scientist that came up with this invention.

After trying on several pairs of pants, and two tops (in various sizes), I settled on a Brooks Running top and pair of capris. I paid for my purchases, and left A VERY HAPPY customer. I love Fleet Feet, and can't wait to return....after logging a few more (hundred) miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment