Last January 31st I registered for the Women's Half-Marathon in Nashville. I was not a serious runner at that point. Running three miles was considered my "long run". But I signed up for the race before I could chicken out, and in the summer trained with Fleet Feet Nashville to help me achieve my goal. Not only have I check off "run a half-marathon" but my confidence in running has taken off as well. Here is a list of accomplishments I have done over the past twelve months.
- Run a 10K--first one
- Registered for another 10K, instead of the shorter 5K that is offered
- Run a 5K PR (took three years, but hey....better late than never)
- Registered for a 15K--first one
- Registered for my second half-marathon
- Started running speed workouts....and found out I LIKE them!