Thursday, November 26, 2015

The "L" word

I'm sure we've all been there.  We had a great race! A new PR! I AM AWESOME!!!!

And now I don't even want to look at my running shoes. I got lazy.

I knew that with a November race coming up I needed to keep going, but somewhere after I crossed that finish line in Lowell, my running mojo decided to lay down and take a nap. Racing up my shoes, even on a nice sunny day, just was not as appealing as before.  This happened to me last year as well. If I remember correctly, I diagnosed myself with Runner's Burnout.

Last year my goal was to complete a race every month.  At first, it was fun! Exciting! Let's see how many PRs I can set, look at all of the different mileages I am running. 5K. 10K. 15K. Half marathon. I did them all! But around November and December I was just done.  I ran the courses, but only because I did not want to quit on my goal.

And here it is again the end of the year, and again I seem to be getting burnt out.  Three half-marathons in four months is a lot, and I still had two more to go. But I know that these races advance my Bucket List goal, so I have been reluctantly getting out there to put in the mile.

Practice takes perfect. Even in the running world.

No comments:

Post a Comment