Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Ouch!!

For some reason or other, I just did not get out to running last week like I should have.  I know I have a race coming up in three weeks, this time in New Hampshire, but getting your shoes on and out the door is half the battle of running.  So when I laced up my shoes on Saturday morning for an extra long run, I knew it would not be easy.

My husband needed to do a workout for a job application, so our plan was to meet at the Harvard track.  I told him to give me a 40 minute head start and we'll meet up.  So out the door I went, heading west in order to give me some additional distance that I needed.  I hate to say it, but I ran Cry Hill again. (That's my nickname for any huge hill that makes me want to cry). Running hills is like eating your veggies---not fun, but in the end you know it's good for you.  Lots of walking, but not as many stops as it was the weekend before when I tried to attack it. Progress, right?

I made it to the track, but Slow Poke was still not there, so I told him I would run laps of the track until he got there.  Only took me another 1.29 miles for me to run until he showed up.  We did his test, and while he was running, I logged another 1.54, which included distance to the Dunkin Donuts. 

So yeah, 8.83 miles on Saturday after 7 days off.  The next day, I was more sore than the day after running a half-marathon.  I think several factors went into this soreness.  First, after a race, I know to stretch, and to take a colder shower than normal.  Did not do that this week. Second, I am pretty much convinced that I need new insoles for my shoes.  I have two pairs that I rotate and the inside of my arches seem to aching during my run.  This really happens when I use them while on the treadmill at the gym.  So my plan is to get to a running store this week so I can replace these insoles.

And hopefully the aches and pains will disappear.


No comments:

Post a Comment