Saturday, December 29, 2012

I'm back!!!

Hello there!!!  Remember me? :)

Yes, it seems that I have taken some time off from the this blog....and from running.  Sadly, other things seemed more important at the time, and recently I have shed a lot of those responsibilities.  My husband changed jobs, which means that my job as head cheerleader for his company was put to rest.  I resigned one of my consulting jobs, and another volunteering job that I currently hold will end in May 2013. So here right now, on this blog, I am officially declaring 2013 is the "Year of ME!".

I know what you are thinking---how rude. Seriously, as a mother and wife, I have learned a lot over this past year, and I know that I need to start treating my body like a temple and not a trash can.  Good things need to go into it instead of the trashy food that we as Americans consume on a daily basis.  And I need to produce a good output (exercise) to keep up with these energetic kiddos that rule my house. 

And yes, this is also a selfish journey for me as well.  Here is what happened:  Over Thanksgiving weekend, I developed a cough which was really tough.  It was one of those coughs that took over your entire body when you did cough, and it eventually sent me to the doctor.  I rarely go to the doctor, like most moms out there (I think) I was just content to let things take their course.  But there were two days in a row that the cough was do violent that I was sent running to the bathroom to get sick.  Seriously, that is a BAD cough.

While the cough did eventually go away, so did some of my weight.  I lost seven pounds in seven days.  Yeah, not the healthy way to do things, but with getting sick, and my throat being so sore from coughing so much that I could not eat, the pounds fell off.  And crazy thing is that I have plateaued there for awhile. So that goes against my theory that I could not lose the weight. Dang it!  So now my new goal is to have the first two numbers of my weight to be "13" instead of the "14" that it currently resides at, which is down from the "15" it was a few weeks ago.  Lucky number "13"!

So that is the story behind the starting line of my selfish journey for 2013.  I hope you will join the journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment