Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Weight on Wednesday--01/29/2014

I'm back to writing my weekly entry on my weight on Wednesdays.  Mostly because this blog is kind of like my personal diary for the entire world to reader, and it gives me an outlet to get all of my thoughts out. But also because I know that I am not the only person out there struggling with accepting the body they have, and I feel the constant need to change something about it.

 The last time I wrote in September I was holding steady at 148 pounds. And in the 18 weeks since that last entry, sadly nothing has changed. Actually, some things have changed, and I do have the numbers to back it up.  Let's start at the very beginning of the year.

My husband is on his own weight loss journey, joining Jenny Craig once again.  He was very successful in losing the weight in 2008-2009, but the hardest part of it was not losing it but rather keeping it off. And over the five years after leaving the program, he has regained the weight.  I decided that in order to keep us BOTH on track, I would purchase a new scale for the house. You can program it for up to four adults, and it calculates your weight, body fat, and BMI.



Being a numbers person, I made a spreadsheet to keep the dates that I weighed myself, as well as all of the numbers that the scale provides.  Here are numbers for the month of January.


1/9/2014
1/16/2014
1/23/2014
1/29/2014
LME




Weight
148.6
148.6
148.8
149
Fat
36.7
36.5
36.3
35.9
BMI
24
24.1
24
24


YUCK!! How is it that I am exercising three to four days week, eating around 1200 calories, adding in more veggies and healthy eating, and not losing weight??  Talk about frustrating!! The silver lining in the numbers though is the fat percentage. It is slowing decreasing, which is good.  But clearly what I am doing is not working as quickly as I want it to. It seems that it takes only a few moments to put the weight on, and forever to take it off.








































                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment