Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bucket List

Ever since Joel left for his business trip, I have had ZERO time to run.  I figure I get 6 hours a week during the daytime hours to myself.  I get a few hours each night, but by that time the kids are in bed and working out then is just not feasible.  So, with six hours a week, my time is taken up with cleaning the house, working for the various businesses I contract with, showering, or running other errands that are easier to do without children (ie-pharmacy run, post office, etc).  Something had to give, I just can not do it all.

But I got to thinking of when Joel returns, what are my goals.  What is on my running bucket list?? Here is what I have come up with.
1. Run a 5k in under 30 minutes
2. Run in 10k in under 50 minutes
3. Run the "Finish on the Fifty" half-marathon in under 2 hours
4. Run the Nashville Half-Marathon in under 2:15 (it's a lot of hills, thus the slower time)

So, there you have it. Two half-marathons in three weeks, seems pretty ambitions.  Of course it will be April 2012 when I get to run them, so hopefully starting next summer (2011) I can start getting back into the swing of things. But now that I have publicly stated my goals, here is to hoping in accomplishing them.

1 comment:

  1. i hear you girl about the time and working.. just know that our time will come.. it probably isn't now but it will come.. miss you and just run when you can..:)

    ReplyDelete